Well hello there, you. I know I’ve been relatively quiet recently (life stuff) and this blog post has been a long-ish time coming – Claire (From Claire’s POV) was sweet enough to nominate me for a Sunshine Blogger award! Thank you. I didn’t know this was a thing, but here are the ‘rules’:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer
- Notify your nominees and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post
So here are the answers – better late than never.
1. What inspired you to blog?
I work as a writer full-time and do some freelance work too, so I felt like I needed a space of my own where I could write the things I wanted to write and be my (very) opinionated self online. Did I mention I have a lot of opinions? I do. I also do gifs and memes.
2. If you had to stick to one make-up brand for the rest of life, which would it be and why?
Well this is harder than expected. I think I’ll have to say Kiko! I tried them for the first time in March and I’ve been converted.
3. Which is your favourite blog post?
My own? Hmm. I think I’ll go for the one where I wrote about 10 Things Women in Malta are Sick of Hearing, because f*ck the patriarchy.
4. If you had to be one person – dead or alive – who would it be and what would be the first thing you did as this person?
Is it bad if I said I’d just be myself? It’s comfy in here. Alternately, I wouldn’t mind being Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and slaying audiences with an incredible TED talk.
5. What’s your favourite place in the whole world?
Tough one – tonight I’ll say the Waterstones in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
6. If you had to travel to the past in a particular decade, which would it be and why?
Tudor England. I have no real reason why other than the fact that the dresses look fabulous and I find the history of that period particularly interesting.
7. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Give less of a damn about what people might think because it doesn’t matter. Also ditch the fringe.
8. Name three people you look up to.
Meryl Streep, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Margaret Atwood.
9. What is the one thing you never leave home without?
10. What is your all-time favourite song?
Hotel California by The Eagles.
11. What advice would you give to beginner bloggers?
Don’t worry too much about what your friends will think or do or comment when you share your blog. Just get your blog up and running and produce content that makes you happy.
- Why did you start blogging/Youtubing?
- What has been your proudest blog-moment so far?
- What’s your writing/video process like?
- How do you unwind after a stressful day?
- What are 3 things you could never leave home without?
- What’s your favourite book (or film if you’re not a reader) of all time?
- What’s the one song you’ll never get tired of hearing?
- Where’s the last place you travelled to?
- What’s your favourite season and why?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- What always cheers you up?
That’s it for now!